We're proud of it..
The Schäfer business was founded as long ago as 1928. Josef Schäfer set up a joinery and interior fittings business in Kurtscheid, about 8 km from the company's current headquarters. The period of reconstruction following the war allowed the business to grow continuously. In 1972 Werner Schäfer took over the management of the business. Bit by bit the production programme was expanded, and classic interior fittings increasingly made way for the industrial manufacture of partition wall systems for washrooms and changing rooms. In 1986 at the Constructa trade fair in Hannover the Schafer VK13 cubicle model was the first installation in the partition wall market to be made of 13 mm composite panels with round aluminium sections. A design that has become established throughout the industry!
In 1991 the Schäfer business was converted into a GmbH (private limited company). From then on Arno Gärtner assumed joint management responsibility together with Werner Schäfer. Thes two-way division of responsibilities took account of the continuous growth of the business. In 1992 we were able to move into our new company headquarters in Horhausen with 5,000 m² of manufacturing space.
In 2002 the arrival of Martin Schäfer, who took over the management from his father in 2006, marked the entry of the third generation into the business - thus ensuring the continuity of the business going forward. Today Schäfer Trennwandsysteme GmbH has 80 employees and 30 fitters. 28 sales representatives are available across Germany to provide professional locally-based advice to our clients. Schäfer products are in use in more than 30 countries around the world.
We are proud of that!